What Type of Nails Last the Longest
With so many options of nails to choose from, it could be so confusing to make the right decision on which manicure to choose. Not knowing what type of nails last the longest can be a daunting task but with proper guidance, you will do just fine.
In this article, you will be gaining understanding on what type of nails last the longest. A lot of people are attracted to having durable manicures but don’t know what type of nails last the longest. There are majorly two popular choices when it comes to nails that last the longest.
Type of Nails that Last the Longest
There are categorically two types of nails that last the longest. They are the gel and acrylic nails. There are a lot of varieties - but they are categorized under these two main groups namely:
- Gel Nails
- Acrylic Nails
Gel nails are a type of nail manicure whose processes are in three steps. Each step has its own procedure to follow accordingly to get the best result. You will be looking at each of the steps below for a proper guideline.
Steps to do a gel nail
The following steps to getting a gel nail done is to;
- Add the base coat for adhesion. This can be done the same way you do with the acrylics. Once this is done,
- You paint on the gel polish
- Add the top coat to seal and make everything look great.
After the steps above, it is important to put the nails through a UV light for 30 to 2 minutes. The importance of the UV light is to allow the Gel nail to dry properly.
Acrylic nails are very common in use by a lot of people. The acrylic nails are a lot different from the gel nails as they are made of liquid and powder components that get spread all over the natural nails. There are steps to getting the acrylic nails done which will be explained below.
Steps to do an acrylic nail
The following are the steps to getting an acrylic nail done. They are;
- File and shape the nails well in the best way you want it to be. This process will help in giving the nail a more natural look.
- Apply a base coat to help the polish adhere to the nail.
- Apply your preferred color to the nail.
- The final procedure is to apply a top coat to seal the polish.
- Allow to dry. This could be under a fan, and allow for an hour.
To choose between the gel nail and acrylic nails, you first need to find the one that suits you properly. One aspect you need to think about is the durability of the nail you intend to get done. Either the gel or acrylic last up to a week and longer. According to how each nail makes you feel, you should go for it. If it gives you a feeling of freedom or uniqueness, then you must have found the right type of nail.